Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Flooring Tips and other Flooring topics.
Want some flooring tips on painting your garage flooring? Painting your garage flooring is simple and a fairly short project. Here is a quick step-by-step guide on how to get the best results when painting your garage flooring.
• Clear Out – If your garage is like mine, this may be the hardest part. Get everything out of your garage so that all floor surfaces are visible and open.
• Clean Up – Now, you will need to do a thorough cleaning of the surface. If you have had a car in the garage, you will need to use a chemical pressure washer to get up the accumulated grease and grime on the floor. A clean surface is essential to a good final product.
• Let it Dry – After pressure washing, you will want to give the floor a day or two to dry out. Concrete holds moisture and if you let any get between the floor and the paint, your paint will be peeling in no time.
• Get Painting – Using a long handled roller that you can use while standing, begin applying a heavy latex paint to the concrete. Specific paints are made for concrete garage flooring. These can provide the best seal and longest life.
• Do It Again – Give about 2 to three coats of paint on the surface, letting each coat dry for an hour or so. Latex dries fairly quickly, but it is important not to rush if you want a great finished product.
That's it. You can apply a layer of sealant if you like, but with a good paint, it is often not necessary. Good luck on your garage flooring project!